For detailed information about this series, see: Battletoads Wiki
Battletoads is a series of beat'em up videogames created by Rare and published by Tradewest, starring three anthropomorphic toads named after skin conditions: Rash, Zitz, and Pimple.
The seires consists in six games:
- Battletoads (June 1991) for NES, Amiga, SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive, Game Gear, Amiga CD32. A port for the Game Boy was also released in 1994, titled Battletoads in Ragnarok's World not to be confused with the original Game Boy game Battletoads.
- Battletoads (1991), Tiger LCD game.
- Battletoads & Double Dragon (June 1993) for NES, SNES, SEGA Genesis, Game Boy. Also known as Battletoads & Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team.
- Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (June 1993) for SNES. A Sega Master System version was only released in a barely finished state only in Brazil simply as Battlemaniacs in 1996. It features some characters and plot elements originally from the comic.
- Battletoads (September 1993) for Game Boy. Despite featuring the same title, it's a different game than the NES one.
- Battletoads (1994), Arcade. Also known as Super Battletoads.
A Game Boy Advance game was also planned, but never finished. An incomplete prototype was released online by RareWareCentral on November 19, 2011 as a rom file.
A 2-part comic based on the videogame was published on issues 24 (May 1991) and 25 (June 1991) of Nintendo Power, serving as a backstory of the series.
A pilot for a Battletoads TV series based on the original game was produced and aired in 1992, though the series never continued.