For detailed information about this series, see: Contra on Wikipedia
Contra is a run-and-gun style shoot-em-up game by Konami.
- Contra (Feburary 20, 1987). Arcade. Later released on NES, PlayChoice-10, MSX2, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, Mobile phones, PlayStation 2 and Xbox 360.
- Super Contra (January 8, 1988). Arcade. Later released on NES (under the name Super C), PlayChoice-10, Commodore Amiga, IBM PC, Mobile phones and Xbox 360. Re-released in 2008 for Wii Virtual Console, in 2012 for Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console and 2014 for Wii U Virtual Console. The NES version was also enclosed in the NES Classic Edition.
- Operation C (January 8, 1991). Game Boy and Game Boy Color.
- Contra III: The Alien Wars (Feburary 28, 1992). SNES. Later released on Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance. Re-released in 2007 for Wii Virtual Console and 2013 for Wii U Virtual Console.
- Contra Force (September 30, 1992). NES. Originally an unrelated game titled "Arc Hound" that went unreleased in Japan.
- Contra: Hard Corps (Augest 8, 1994). Sega Genesis/Mega Drive.
- Contra: Legacy of War (November 30, 1996). PlayStation and Sega Saturn.
- C: The Contra Adventure (August 31, 1998). PlayStation.
- Contra: Shattered Soldier (October 22, 2002). PlayStation 2.
- Neo Contra (October 19, 2004). PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3.
- Contra 4 (December 12, 2007). Nintendo DS and Mobile phones.
- Contra ReBirth (May 12, 2009). WiiWare.
- Contra: Evolution (2010). A Chinese remake of the original for Mobile phones. Released as an Arcade game in 2011, and for iOS systems in 2013.
- Hard Corps: Uprising (Feburary 16, 2011). PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Contra 3D (2013). Pachislot.