For detailed information about this series, see: Giana Sisters at Wikipedia
Giana Sisters is a series of platform videogames starring the titular sisters, originally created by Rainbow Arts. Its copyright however is currently held by Black Forest Games.
The first game in the series was actually a clone of Super Mario Bros. featuring very similar graphics and almost identical gameplay, and for this reason the series is considered a Spin-off of the Mario series. After Nintendo's complains it was removed from stores, making it a rare game, and preventing Giana II to be released, but it gained a cult status and twentytwo years later the series was revived with new games.
Releases in detail are:
- The Great Giana Sisters (1987), Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, Commodore 64, MSX2. A ZX spectrum version was created, but never released.
- Giana Sisters DS (April 2009), Nintendo DS. A remake of The Great Giana Sisters, also released in 2010 for iOS as Giana Sisters HD.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (October 23, 2012), PC, XBLA, PSN. Later also released for WiiU.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - Rise of the Owlverlord (September 26, 2013), PC. An add-on for Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams.
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - The Puzzle (April 16, 2015), iOS, Android.
- Giana Sisters: Dream Runners (June 2015), PC, XBLA, PSN.
An official comic based on the series was also released in 2013.
Note that many unofficial sequels were created, such as Giana Sisters II and Giana's Return, but those aren't actual parts of the series.