For detailed information about this series, see: Hebereke Wiki
Hebereke is a series of video games by Sunsoft starring the penguin Hebe, which became Sunsoft's mascot for a period.
Most games in the series are of a completely different genere (the only exeptions are Hebereke's Popoon and Hebereke's Popoitto that are both puzzle games), but they all star Hebe and his friends: a little girl in a cat suit called O-Chan, a ghost called Sukezaemon and an angler fish/frog called Jennifer (despite being male).
The released games are:
- Hebereke (September 20, 1991), Famicom/NES. An action-adventure game, it was released in Europe as Ufouria: The Saga, with some changes to the charaters and some other elements. Re-released in 2003 for mobile phones, in 2010 for Wii Virtual Console, in 2013 for 3DS Virtual Console and in 2014 for WiiU Virtual Console.
- Hebereke's Popoon (December 22, 1993), Super Famicom/SNES. A puzzle game. An arcade version was also released in 1994, also including some elements from Hebereke's Popoitto.
- Sugoi Hebereke (March 11, 1994), Super Famicom. A fighting game. Re-released in 2003 for mobile phones.
- Hebereke no Oishii Puzzle ha Irimasenka (August 31, 1994), Super Famicom. A party game, it's basically a console port of the arcade game Oishii Puzzle ha Irimasenka.
- Hashire Hebereke (December 22, 1994), Super Famicom. A racing game.
- Hebereke's Popoitto (March 3, 1995), Sega Saturn, PlayStation, Super Famicom/SNES. The Japanese version is titled Popoitto Hebereke on Saturn and Super Famicom, while the PlayStation version is titled Popoitto Station Hebereke. A puzzle game, it's basically a remake of Hebereke's Popoon. Re-released in 2003 for mobile phone.
Additionally a puzzle game titled Hebereke's Pair Pair Wars was developed for Neo Geo arcade machines in 1996, but it only reached prototype state and was never released.
A series of four-panel comic strips based on the series was also serialized on the Japanese magazine Family Computer Magazine from 1993 to 1998; the first two years of strips were collected in a volume titled Hebereke no Hon, published in 1995.
Links to other series
Note: being sometimes used as a mascot for the company, Hebe's appearances alongside the Sunsoft logo are not considered references to the Hebereke series.