For detailed information about this series, see: Manhole at Nintendo Wiki
Manhole is a videogame created by Nintendo in the Game & Watch series. The game features four buttons to move a man to cover four manholes using only a cover, to make people walk safely over the water. It was released six times, featuring only minor differences between the various versions:
- Manhole released on January 29, 1981 in the Game & Watch Gold Series.
- Manhole released on August 24, 1983 in the Game & Watch New Wide Screen series. It features slightly different graphics.
- Manhole within Game Boy Gallery, released for Game Boy on April 27, 1995. Featuring updated graphics.
- Manhole within Game & Watch Gallery, released for Game Boy on April 27, 1995. Featuring two different versions: "Classic", based on the original version, and "Modern", featuring updated gameplay and graphics with Mario characters.
- Manhole-e, released on September 11, 2002 for the Game Boy Advance e-Reader, boundled with the peripheral. It's based on the New Wide Screen version.
- Manhole, released on August 19, 2009 for DSiWare. Based on the New Wide Screen version.
Additionally it was also included as an unlockable "Museum" game in Game & Watch Gallery Advance.