For detailed information about this series, see: Q*bert at Wikipedia
Q*bert is a series of puzzle platformer games staring the titular character. The released games are:
- Q*bert (December 31, 1982), Arcade. Later also ported to Intellivision, Intellivision II, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, NES, Magnavox Odyssey², ColecoVision, Texas Instruments TI-99/4A, Commodore 64, Game Boy Color, IBM PC and PlayStation Network.
- Q*bert's Qubes (1983), Arcade. Later ported to Colecovision and Atari 2600.
- Q*bert (1986), MSX. An original game based on Q*bert's Qubes.
- Q*bert (1992), Game Boy. A remake of the original game featuring new levels.
- Q*bert 3 (October 1992), SNES.
- Q*bert (December 1999), PlayStation, Dreamcast. A 3D remake of the original game.
- Q*bert (2005), PC. Also known as Q*bert 2005, it's a remake of the original game.
- Q*bert Rebooted (July 2, 2014), PC, iOS, Android.
Also a Q*bert pinball machine was released in March 1983 titled Q*bert's Quest.
A remake of the original game titled Faster Harder More Challenging Q*bert was created in 1983 but never released. It was made available many years later as a ROM image to download for free.
Additionally an animated TV series based on the original game was featured in the Saturday Supercade cartoon lineup. In the first season it rtated with the Pitfall! TV show, and it aired in 6 episodes from October 1, 1983 to December 10, 1983, but it returned in the second season as a weekly cartoon in 13 episodes from September 8, 1984 to December 1, 1984, bringing the total episodes to 19.
Various merchandise based on the original game was also released, including a board game.
Links to other series
(Q*Bert also appear in the 2014 Superbowl commercial for Radioshack along with many other 80's characters If you want to see it Click Here to see the page)