For detailed information about this series, see: Q*bert at Wikipedia
Q*bert is a series of puzzle platformer games staring the titular character. The released games are:
- Q*bert (December 31, 1982), Arcade. Later also ported to Intellivision, Intellivision II, Atari 2600, Atari 5200, NES, Magnavox Odyssey², ColecoVision, Texas Instruments TI-99/4A, Commodore 64, Game Boy Color, IBM PC and PlayStation Network.
- Q*bert's Qubes (1983), Arcade. Later ported to Colecovision and Atari 2600.
- Q*bert (1986), MSX. An original game based on Q*bert's Qubes.
- Q*bert (1992), Game Boy. A remake of the original game featuring new levels.
- Q*bert 3 (October 1992), SNES.
- Q*bert (December 1999), PlayStation, Dreamcast. A 3D remake of the original game.
- Q*bert (2005), PC. Also known as Q*bert 2005, it's a remake of the original game.
- Q*bert Rebooted (July 2, 2014), PC, iOS, Android. Later also released for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita via PSN.
Also a Q*bert pinball machine was released in March 1983 titled Q*bert's Quest.
A remake of the original game titled Faster Harder More Challenging Q*bert was created in 1983 but never released. It was made available many years later as a ROM image to download for free.
Additionally an animated TV series based on the original game was featured in the Saturday Supercade cartoon lineup. In the first season it rtated with the Pitfall! TV show, and it aired in 6 episodes from October 1, 1983 to December 10, 1983, but it returned in the second season as a weekly cartoon in 13 episodes from September 8, 1984 to December 1, 1984, bringing the total episodes to 19.
Various merchandise based on the original game was also released, including a board game.
Links to other series
|Pitfall||October 01, 1983||The Pitfall! TV show rotated weekly with the Q*bert TV show in the Saturday Supercade.||3
|Frogger||October 01, 1983||The Frogger TV show was aired with the Q*bert TV show in the Saturday Supercade.||3
|Donkey Kong||October 01, 1983||Mario meets Q*bert between the episodes of Donkey Kong and Q*bert, in the Saturday Supercade, while Q*bert meets Donkey Kong Jr. between the episodes of their respective shows.||1
|Kangaroo (Atari)||September 08, 1984||The Kangaroo TV show was aired with the Q*bert TV show in the Saturday Supercade.||3
|Space Ace||September 08, 1984||Q*bert meets Space Ace and Kimberly between the episodes of their shows in the Saturday Supercade.||1
|The Simpsons||January 19, 1997||The Simpsons episode "The Twisted World of Marge Simpson" and "In the Name of the Grandfather" feature references to Q*bert.||3
|Futurama||April 09, 2000||The Futurama episodes "A Clone of My Own" and "Anthology of Interest II" feature references to Q*bert.||2
|Family Guy||January 31, 2002||The Family Guy episodes "Stuck Together, Torn Apart" and "Chick Cancer" feature references to Q*bert.||2
|Baten Kaitos||December 05, 2003||The top-most room in Zosma Tower from Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean is modeled after the Q*bert game.||3
|Regular Show||May 14, 2012||The Regular Show episode "Busted Cart" features a fictional game based on Q*bert.||2.5
|Wreck-It Ralph||November 02, 2012||Wreck-It Ralph features characters from Q*bert.||1
|Pixels||July 24, 2015||Q*bert appears as one of the videogame characters in the movie, Pixels.||1|