For detailed information about this series, see: Bwaaahpedia
Rabbids, or Raving Rabbids, known as The Lapins Crétins in France, is a video game series by Ubisoft centered around the titular creatures, alien rabbits who create mischief.
The series is a spinoff of the Rayman series, and the first three games also star Rayman, but the Rabbids become the only stars by the fourth game.
Nine game have been released, that are considered main entries in the series. They are (When not specified, they are party games):
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (November 19, 2006), Wii, PlayStation 2, PC.Completely different versions of the game, being platformers rather than party games, were released for Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS and mobile phone. The Wii version was re-released in 2017 for Wii U eShop.
- Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (November 13, 2007), Wii, Nintendo DS, PC.
- Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party (November 13, 2008), Wii, Nintendo DS.
- Rabbids Go Home (November 1, 2009), Wii, PC. An adventure game.
- Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time (November 21, 2010), Wii.
- Rabbids: Alive & Kicking (November 3, 2011), Xbox 360.
- Rabbids Land (November 18, 2012), Wii U.
- Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show (November 2014), Xbox One, Playstation 4, Xbox 360. Party game combining episodes from the TV show with minigames.
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (August 29, 2017), Nintendo Switch. Turn-based tactics game.
Minor games and compilations
Some additional games were released, including handheld games sharing the same title as the home console games, despite being completely different. These are:
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (November 14, 2006), Game Boy Advance. A platform game similar to the classic Rayman games.
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (2006), mobile phone. A platform game.
- Rayman Raving Rabbids (March 6, 2007), Nintendo 3DS. A platform/party game.
- Rabbids Go Home (November 1, 2009), Nintendo DS. A puzzle game.
- Rabbids Go Phone (December, 2009), iOS. A virtual pet application released to promote Rabbids Go Home. In 2012 an updated version was released, titled Rabbids Go Phone Again.
- Rabbids Lab (December 2009), WiiWare. A stand alone version of the In Ze Wii Remote feature from Rabbids Go Home.
- Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time 3D (March 24, 2011), Nintendo 3DS. A platform game.
- Raving Rabbids: Party Collection (September 2, 2010), Wii. A compilation of the first three games in the series.
- Rabbids Invasion (April 2012), Online. City building game found on Facebook.com. The game closed on February 13, 2013.
- Rabbids Rumble (November 13, 2012), Nintendo 3DS. An RPG/party game.
- Rabbids Big Bang (October 17, 2013), iOS, Android, Windows Phone. A Puzzle game.
- Rayman and Rabbids Family Pack' (October 2, 2014), Nintendo 3DS. Compilation including Rayman Origins, Raving Rabbids: Travel in Time 3D and Rabbids Rumble, only released in Europe.
- Rabbids Appisodes (August 13, 2015), iOS, Android. An interactive app including episodes from the Rabbids Invasion tv series.
- Rabbids Heroes (May 2016), iOS, Android. A card-based RPG. The game discontinued on November 15, 2016.
- Rabbids Crazy Rush (May 2016) iOS, Android. A runner game.
- Rabbids Smart Brush (June 2016), iOS. A minigame based app controlled through the Kolibree toothbrush.
- Virtual Rabbids: The Big Plan (April 2017), Android.
An animated tv series titled Rabbids Invasion was released between August 3, 2013 and June 23, 2017 for three seasons of 26 episodes each.
A The Lapins Crétins comic was released in France, consisting in nine volumes released between 2012 and 2016. Only the first two volumes were also released in the USA.
Various viral videos were released to promote the games.
A theatrical film based on the series is also in production.
Many toys and other material promoting the series were released, including a line of McDonald's Happy Meal toys, and the board game The Lapins Crétins - Jungle Speed.
Links to other series
|Rayman||November 14, 2006||Rabbids is a spinoff of Rayman.||1
|Superman||November 19, 2006||The Clark Superbunny is based on Superman.||3
|Far Cry||December 12, 2006||A rabbid appears in a trailer for Far Cry Vengeance.||1
|'Allo 'Allo!||November 13, 2007||The Crabtree Bunny rabbid from Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 is based on Officer Crabtree from 'Allo 'Allo!||3
|Terminator||November 13, 2007||The Rabbinator rabbid from Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 is based on the Terminator.||3
|Pirates of the Caribbean||November 13, 2007||The poster for a parody of Pirates of the Caribbean was shown on rabbids.com to promote Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.||3
|X-Men||November 13, 2007||The poster for a parody of X-Men was shown on rabbids.com to promote Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.||3
|Ghost Recon||November 13, 2007||The poster for a parody of Ghost Recon 2 was shown on rabbids.com to promote Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.||3
|Alexandra Ledermann||November 13, 2007||The poster for a parody of the Alexandra Ledermann games was shown on rabbids.com to promote Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.||3
|Might and Magic||November 13, 2007||The poster for a parody of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was shown on rabbids.com to promote Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.||3
|Petz||November 13, 2007||The poster for a parody of the Petz games was shown on rabbids.com to promote Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.||3
|Rainbow Six||November 13, 2007||The poster for a parody of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas was shown on rabbids.com to promote Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.||3
|Red Steel||November 13, 2007||The poster for a parody of Red Steel was shown on rabbids.com to promote Rayman Raving Rabbids 2.||3
|Academy of Champions||September 04, 2009||Raving Rabbids make an appearance in Academy of Champions: Football.||1
|Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles||September 22, 2009||In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up, The Rabbids are unlockable characters; additionally Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 features Rabbids based on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.||1
|Splinter Cell||April 13, 2010||Rabbid Plush Toys can be found in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction; additionally the Bunny Fisher rabbid is based on Sam Fisher.||2
|Prince of Persia||May 18, 2010||A Rabbid-shaped can be seen in Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.||2
|Jungle Speed||September 23, 2010||The Lapins Crétins - Jungle Speed is a format crossover between the two series.||3
|Just Dance||April 15, 2011||Rabbids appear during the song "Here Comes The Hotstepper", downloadable in Just Dance 2, and featured in Just Dance: Summer Party, and during the song "Make The Party (Don’t Stop)" in Just Dance 4, while Just Dance 2018 features a version of "Naughty Girl" with Rabbid Peach as a dancer.||1
|Super Brawl (Nickelodeon)||March 24, 2013||Rabbids are playable characters in Super Brawl 3.||1
|Assassin's Creed||October 29, 2013||Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag features a cheat code which turns all the enemies into Rabbids scarecrows.||2
|Watch Dogs||May 27, 2014||Rabbid Plush Toys can be found in Watch Dogs.||2
|Mario||August 29, 2017||Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a crossover between the two series; additionally the Rayman Raving Rabbids series features minor references to the Mario series.||1|