For detailed information about this series, see: Wii series on Wikipedia
Wii games, also simply known as Wii, and sometimes improerly as the Mii series, is a series of simple video games developed by Nintendo for the Wii and Wii U consoles, most of them starring the customizeable player's avatar called Mii. A recurring location in the series is Wuhu Island, a place first shown in Wii Fit jogging modes, called "Wiifity Island", where the player's Mii can walk around it, and later better defined and renamed in Wii Sports Resort. It also returns in jogging and cycling modes in Wii Fit Plus.
Nintendo Wii games
- Wii Sports (November 19, 2006), a launch game for the console, was boundled with it in many regions, and is currently the best-selling video game of all time.
- Wii Play (December 2, 2006), a game including nine minigames.
- Wii Fit (December 1, 2007), a fitness game selled boundled with the Wii Balance Board peripheral.
- Wii Chess (January 18, 2008), only released in Europe, was originally released in Japan as a WiiWare game called Tsushin Taikyoku: World Chess and therefore might not be considered part of the series. It also doesn't feature Miis.
- Wii Music (October 16, 2008).
- Wii Sports Resort (June 25, 2009), sequel to Wii Sports.
- Wii Fit Plus (October 1, 2009), sequel to Wii Fit.
- Wii Party (July 8, 2010).
- Wii Play: Motion (June 13, 2011), sequel to Wii Play, boundled with the Wii Motion Plus. It includes twelve minigames.
Wii U games
- Wii Karaoke U (December 8, 2012), pre-installed on every Japanese Wii U, it was later also released in Europe.
- Wii Street U (February 7, 2013), an application based on Google Street View. Not being an actual game, it might be ignored in the series.
- Wii U Panorama View (April 26, 2013), an application showing video tours from around the world, with the ability to turn the camera around 360°.
- Wii Sports Club (October 30, 2013), compilation of remakes of the six sports from the original Wii Sports, purchasable or rentable singularily as digital download. A retail version was released on July 14, 2014.
- Wii Fit U (October 31, 2013), Wii U version of Wii Fit, still using the Wii Balance Board.
- Wii Party U (October 25, 2013), Wii U version of Wii Party.
- Wii Sports: series of sports games.
- Wii Play: series of minigame-based games.
- Wii Fit: series of fitness games.
- Wii Party: series of party games.
Links to other series
Mascot link: Miis are the main characters in most games in the series.